About the CUAET if you are applying from inside of Canada.

28 Mar


The CUAET is fee-exempt and gives you the option to extend your stay in Canada as a

  • visitor for up to 3 more years or until your passport expires
  • worker for up to 3 more years or until your passport expires
  • a student for the duration of your studies

Who can apply

You can apply if you’re either

  • a Ukrainian national with a valid Ukrainian passport
    • If you don’t have a valid passport or your passport is expiring, you should renew your passport at a Ukrainian embassy in Canada.
  • a family member of a Ukrainian national

A family member is defined as a

  • spouse or common-law partner
  • dependent child (yours, your spouse’s or common-law partner’s) or
  • dependent child of a dependent child

Documents to prove your family relationship

Documents you can use to prove your family relationship include

  • a marriage certificate or proof of common-law status (documents showing a shared address)
  • a birth certificate
  • other documents that show a family connection, for example
    • correspondence from us showing a spousal sponsorship application in progress
    • documents that show a shared home address

When you travel, bring documents that prove your family relationship. When you arrive at the border, you need to show these documents to the border services officer.

The documents above are examples only. An officer may ask for other documents.


You don’t need to give your biometrics at this time.

Medical exam

You may need to get a medical exam.

Find out about medical exams for visitors, students and workers


You don’t have to pay fees for any of the below:

  • open work permit
  • study permit
  • application to extend temporary resident status
  • temporary resident permit

You’ll need to pay fees for your medical exam if you need one.

Find out more about fees that are being waived

How to apply

Find out how to apply

Deja un comentario

A %d blogueros les gusta esto: